If you’re looking to spice up your vape experience, then the short answer to the question in our headline is “Yes!” You can believe the nicotine salt e-liquid hype currently infiltrating the industry.
While not for everyone, nicotine salts offer a faster, more efficient way to vape than traditional nicotine e-liquids. In addition, they work with user-friendly, mini-pod devices perfect for the newbie or discreet vaper.
Need more intel before you explore on your own? Let’s start with some basic definitions.
Traditional nicotine e-liquid: found in tobacco leaves, these molecules are not bound to any other molecules, which translates to a superficial, easily vaporized form of nicotine.
Nicotine salt e-liquid: also found in tobacco leaves, these compound molecules contain both nicotine and other organic components, resulting in a more stable molecule. This means more nicotine with fewer puffs.
To Salt or Not to Salt?
We realize not everyone is a science buff, so if the above is TMI, leave the chemistry talk to us e-liquid nerds. Simply make your decision based on personal preference. After all, it’s really a matter of choice and both options offer their own unique benefits.
Traditional Nicotine E-Liquid Benefits
- More flavor variety: There are an estimated 8,000 different traditional nicotine e-liquid flavors currently available. Because nicotine salts are so new, it’s impossible to guestimate how many flavors exist. But the point is, if you want flavor choice, stick with traditional nicotine e-liquid for now.
- Device and atomizer friendly: From box and mechanical mods to rebuildable dripping atomizers and sub ohm tanks, traditional nicotine e-liquid works with whatever device or atomizer your heart desires.
- For cloud chasing and vape tricks: For all you hobbyists out there, traditional nicotine e-liquid is still your best option. This is because the devices necessary to create larger clouds are compatible with traditional nicotine e-liquid.
Nicotine Salts E-Liquid Benefits
- Easy-peasy: Nicotine salt e-liquids work with today’s popular and simple pod devices. These are ideal for vape rookies who may become frustrated trying to use more sophisticated devices.
- Convenient and stealth-like: In a similar vein, pod devices are pocket-size, meaning they can go anywhere while providing a lower-profile in public spaces at the same time.
- Economical: The combination of high nicotine levels and better absorption means less e-liquid intake is needed. This can result in savings to your monthly vape budget.
- Cravings fighter: The higher nicotine levels in salts provide an instant rush, similar to the feeling you get from smoking a cigarette. Many fans claim this feature helps to ward off the cravings when you’re trying to quit the hard stuff.
Which Form of Nicotine Do We Prefer?
We love both types of e-liquids at Propaganda where our vape choices always boil down to the mood we’re in and what we have a hankering for at the time. How about you? What’s your preference today?